(702) 951-7401

(416) 619-5475


Graduate Programs

Why Bond?

  • Most Masters programs at Bond are 1 yr (Law, DPT and Psychology are 2 yrs).
  • You can start in January, May or September.
  • Bond is Australia's #1 rated university.
  • Australia is the worlds #1 English speaking country for education.
  • Bond is the World's #1 Beachside University (according to Study International).
  • Bond's Business and Law Students are world champions.
  • The Bond Business School is AACSB and EQUIS accredited.
  • The staff to student ratio at Bond is 1:10 (one of the worlds lowest)
  • USA Financial Aid (FAFSA based Stafford and PLUS loans) can be used at Bond University.
  • Canada Student Loans (eg. OSAP, BC Student Aid, Alberta Student Aid) can be used at Bond.



Communication and Media

Master of Communication (incl. journalism & public relations)


Health Sciences

Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) - May intake only

Master of Sports Management

Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice - May intake only

Master of Occupational Therapy - May & September intake only


Humanities and International Sciences

Master of Arts

Master of International Relations


Social Sciences

Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours program)

Graduate Diploma of Psychological Science

Master of Psychology (Clinical) - May intake only

Master of Criminology



Academics from The Real World

Bond’s unbeatable edge is its genuine commitment to the individual. Studying in small classes, you’ll have one-on-one access to some of world's leading academics who mentor each student through an open door policy.


Bond's professors, lecturers and guest speakers are internationally renowned for their unique blend of high-level academic qualifications and real-life practical experience consulting to major corporations worldwide. We also have a number of visiting professors from all over the world who bring an international perspective to our teaching.

Fast Track Graduation

As a year round school, most Graduate Programs at Bond are completed in 3 semesters (1 year), however, you can choose to take a lighter course load and complete them in 16 months.


Architecture and Actuarial Science programs are completed in 16 months.

Juris Doctor (JD), Psychology and DPT programs are completed in 2 years.



Semester Dates

Bond has 3 intakes per year - September, January and May.

To see the exact dates, refer to Bond 101.



Student VISA to Enter Australia

When traveling to many countries, you need to seek permission from that country to stay for extended periods of time. Accordingly, you will require a student visa to study at Bond. A Student Visa may only be applied for once you are accepted to study at Bond University and you have received your Confirmation of Enrollment. Don't sweat it though. We guide you through this process and make it pain free. It usually takes only 1-2 days to be approved, but it can take up to 4 weeks (if you are required to complete additional steps like a health exam).


Your student visa also permits you to work in Australia (once you have commenced your program at Bond) up to 20 hours per week. Dependents (eg. partner or spouse) can work unlimited hours. The visa will allow you to enter Australia 4 months before your program begins and will expire 2 months after your program is complete.



Jobs and Internships

There are resources on campus (Career Development Centre) and off campus (including Seek and Career One for finding jobs or unpaid jobs (internships) whilst studying on the Gold Coast. There are many jobs in hospitality (restaurant, cafe, bar etc) on the Gold Coast so if you have experience in these, you will likely find part time work.

Using Your Bond Degree in the USA or Canada

Degrees from most other countries are recognized globally. Only a few degrees have licensing requirements to practice that profession (eg. law, accounting, physical therapy, psychology), but these degrees can also transfer back to North America with just a few extra steps.

Here are the details for specific professions that require licensing:




The Global Accounting Alliance (GAA) was formed by accounting organizations throughout the world to allow mutual recognition of its members so they can be certified accountants in any other member country. These countries include Australia, USA, Canada, Ireland, Hong Kong, England and Wales, Scotland, Germany, Japan, New Zealand and South Africa.


Those who graduate with an accounting degree from Australia and become members of the CAANZ (Chartered Accountants of Australia & New Zealand) can then receive automatic membership with the GAA counterparts in any of the above listed countries (eg. CPA USA, CPA Canada etc).




Graduates with an Australian law qualification are eligible to sit for the bar examination and obtain admission in some American states (eg. New York, California). For other states, you can sit for the Bar once you are already admitted to the Bar in Australia. And there are some states that don’t admit anyone with a non USA law degree. Admission in each state is controlled by local state bar associations and the state supreme courts. Information about admission requirements for foreign law degrees is available through the American Bar Association website. The rules in these jurisdictions should be examined carefully to determine whether you satisfy the requirements. You should review these regularly as they are subject to change. The Bond Law School has no control over admission rules.




To practice law in Canada, you need to be admitted to the Bar in your province. A Bond University law degree is eligible for admission to the Bar, but before you can be admitted, here are the steps to complete:


1) Your first step is to obtain a Certificate of Qualification from the National Committee on Accreditation (the ‘NCA’) of the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. This certificate will state that you have the education and training equivalent to that of a law graduate from an accredited Canadian law school. Bond University will submit your transcripts directly to the NCA at the completion of your program and you will submit an online application and provide some other supporting documents (including transcripts from other universities attended).


The NCA will require you to sit for five examinations in Canadian law. These are Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Administrative Law, Foundations of Canadian Law and Canadian Professional Conduct. The exams are offered four times a year – January, April, August and October.


Bond University offers four of the Canadian Law classes (Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Administrative Law, Foundations of Canadian Law) so you will take exams for these classes twice – once at Bond and then again at the NCA. The fifth class (Canadian Professional Conduct) is also provided by Bond, but it's a seminar (and not a graded class).


Once you have the NCA Certificate of Qualification, you are in the same place as all graduates from Canadian law schools. So the next steps from this point are the same for everyone.


2) You will next complete your Articles at a law firm which will continue for ten months.

In ON and BC, you will register with the Law Society as an Articling Student which your law firm will participate in and sign off on the number of hours you complete. At any time during the Articling Period, you can take the Barrister & Solicitor exam which is an open book, all day exam. Once the required number of hours of Articling is completed and the exam has been taken, you will pay your licensing fee of approx. $2,000 and be admitted to the Bar (with a ceremony) and can then practice law.


There is a new option that is similar to Australia where you can enroll at Ryerson University to complete a Professional Legal Training (PLT) program combined with an internship at a law firm, after which you can be admitted to the Bar.


In AB and SK, there is no set period for Articling, rather, you will complete an online program called the Articling Module. Once the modules are all complete (which includes exams), then you will receive your license to practice law (ie. be admitted to the Bar).


Physical Therapy (USA)


Physical therapists are licensed by each state. When you receive your degree outside of the USA, your first step is to have your degree evaluated so it can be deemed equivalent to an APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) accredited degree. The organization that performs the evaluation is the FCCPT (Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy).  All Bond DPT graduates who return to the USA have successfully completed this process (ie. a Bond DPT degree is considered equal to an accredited USA DPT degree for the purposes of state licensing).


We will help you with your submission to the FCCPT when you are nearing graduation.


Here is the link to the FCCPT page that outlines the exact steps for DPT graduates trained overseas and returning to the USA: Click Here


Entry Requirements

Each Graduate program has varying admissions requirements. Please complete the Information Request form to learn about the admissions requirements for your program.


Financial Aid and Scholarships

See Scholarships or USA Financial Aid or Canada Student Loans for more information.

How to Apply

Visit our Application page for complete instructions and the online application form.

We are North American based Bond University Admissions Agents and provide free support to USA and Canadian students seeking Undergraduate, Graduate & Study Abroad programs at Bond University, Australia.

© All rights reserved.